Birmingham Jewellery Quarter
The Chamberlain Clock is an Edwardian, cast-iron, clock tower a landmark of the Jewellery Quarter. It was erected in 1903 to mark Joseph Chamberlain as an MP. The clock was unveiled during Chamberlain’s lifetime, in January 1904 by Mary Crowninshield Endicott, Joseph Chamberlain’s third wife.
Standing at the junction of Vyse and Frederick Streets with Warstone Lane, it is now a local landmark and symbol of the Quarter. Chamberlain had been a resident on Frederick Street and had also helped jewellers through his campaign work to abolish Plate Duties - a tax affecting jewellery tradesmen of the time. The timepiece was originally powered by a clockwork winding handle. It was later adapted to electricity but fell into disrepair and lost its chime.
It was fully restored in 1989.
Here we see our sweethearts, out enjoying a romantic day out, in search and seek out a ring to sit upon her slender finger, then on to celebrate over a glass or two at the many independent pubs.
About the artistsee "Will it be diamonds" on Paula Gabb's website
Info for buyers
- accepts cheques
- accepts bank transfer
- 7 day cancellation period
- delivery usually 14 days